Coopers Community

50Ltr Keg

Squishy

Bit of a querie...... I have a 50Ltr keg and a 25Ltr Fermenter.... what would happen if i put 25Ltr in a 50Ltr keg and natuarally conditioned???? would i need to purge with CO2 to get rid of the oxegen??? The minister for finances is reining in on the beer funds so 20 ltr kegs or a new/bigger fermenter in out of the question at the moment

Not sure about that much headspace with only secondary fermentation, it may not mop up all the oxygen [unsure]

Might pay to play it safe and purge the keg with CO2 prior to half filling with beer.

Another option might be to make a high gravity brew, such as the vintage ale recipe then dilute it with water in the keg.

Just do 2 brews at the same time . Doesnt have to be a brand name fermenter, you can make your own for a few bucks. Im just getting into kegging myself, with the 19 litre kegs and have just bought 4 more! Soooooooooooo much easier than bottling , more fun, less waste . Im still very much a begginner at kegging but has got me back into brewing again.

Archived