Coopers Community

Keg and Tap having a difficult relationship

BrandonA1

My wife just purchased the cooper's kit for my birthday and (naturally) was freaking out with happiness. I came home from work today to disinfect it and found that the tap and the keg refuse to become one.

I try to screw the tap in and the grooves don't seem to match up. It is very wobbly going in and after I get a half a rotation the tap "pops" out. We ordered off amazon.com so I have 30 days to return it as defective, but I was hoping there was either a trick, workaround, or I was doing something incredibly foolish.

Any ideas?

Don't force it otherwise you will break it. You could try and buy another tap for it but I would recommend sending it back.

Also I think I had a little trouble with my kit tho, enough where I had to come back to it and try again befre I got it to work.

Thank you both, I sent an e-mail to Makebeer and we'll see if they have any immediate help. I'm going to assume that I'll be packing it up and waiting for a replacement. The anticipation will kill me, but I have all my disinfectant ready this time around so the second my replacement arrives I'll post my joy and (hopefully) successful tap and keg!

Archived