Coopers Community

Carbonation Drops

WilliamK1

Assuming 16 oz is 500 mls, I used 2 carb drops for some of the bottles. I was led to believe they where 700 mils and until I filled some I was a little confused as to why the fermenter wasn't emptying quickly. Long Story short, nothing has happened yet.

I filled the rest of the bottles with one carb drop. I havent tasted this batch as of yet. It has only been in the bottle for a few weeks.

Hopefully someone else has something more informative, but I think it has to do with how carbonated you like your beer. Ofcoarse if you put way to many in their it can cause it to explode.

i usally use 1 carbo drop to 350-375 and 2 for 700-750 ml bottles if you are looking at 500ml i would probably be only guessing but you would need 1 1/2 carbo drops but as you would be told by the more experienced like muddy and pb2 you are better bulk priming which they can give you info on i haven't got into this area yet [cool]

Grolsch swingtop bottles were 16oz for a preiod of time, equates to 473ml bottle.

1 carbo drop may yield sufficient fizz for your taste.

When you have an array of bottles, varied in volume, bulk priming is a good solution.

I got some of the Grolsch bottles the other day. They are awesome looking bottles.

Paul, I havent started with the bulk priming as of yet but where do I start. Would I be able to pour the sugar into the fermenter 5 minutes before I bottle them or would I need to buy another container of some sort.

Thanks,

Thanks Paul,

I might try Matthew S4's method where he adds the sugar to the primary fermenter and then bottles from there.

Assuming this will make the beer a little cloudier and the sediment will be more mixed through the wort. I guess I will find out if I need another fermenter after I try this.

Thanks,

Archived