Coopers Community

Extra alcohol content

ChrisE6

Hey, i am new to the brewing game and so far have made a pale ale (worked a treat), and a aparkling ale is currently brewing away at the moment. i am just curious as to any recommendations on how to make a stronger alcoholic percentage and also which style of beer tastes best with a stronger alcohol content.

Thanks, Chris

Keep in mind though Chris - the stronger alcohol beers often need more time in the bottle for the flavours to meld together....months not weeks.

Patience is a virtue that rewards ten fold is what I say but a wiser man once said "The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."

Not really relevant but widom nonetheless [biggrin]

the stronger alcohol beers often need more time in the bottle for the flavours to meld together....months not weeks.

Patience is a virtue that rewards ten fold is what I say but a wiser man once said "The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity."

Not really relevant but widom nonetheless [biggrin]

+1 to that...amen Muddy...

Peter,

Would you happen to remember the FG on that Sparkling Ale? I have a batch finishing up now. It's only the second batch I've brewed, so I want to see if I'm in the ballpark. The OG was 1062 and it just checked out at 1018, so I should be around 5.7% right now. Just wondering what you finished at.

Thanks,

Mike

Archived