Coopers Community

Seasoning suggestions for Cooper's Real Ale

MattC10

Hi. I'd like to get started on a Christmas brew and recently got a Real Ale extract kit. Any suggestions on what to season it with? I am hoping to get the batch together this week so I have it in plenty of time for the holidays! Cheers!

hi mate i made a cracker of a brew with

real ale kit

pale ale kit

700g dextrose

60g motueka hop pellets dryhopped

topped to 25l

fermented with safale-04

this has been my best batch i have brewed yet very very good i mite even try going higher with the hops motueka is an amazing hop

mite give 100g a crack oh and this beer was very drinkable after 3weeks in the bottle

I recently put down a batch of real ale. I steeped 150g of honey malt, and boiled it for 20 min with 15g of willamette pellets. At flame out I added anther 15g of willamette and let the boil cool for about an hour. then I mixed it up with the kit as per usual using 1kg dex and 500g of LDM. It's ready to go into bottles this weekend, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a really nice beer

. I'll let you know for sure in about a month [happy]

I have to say the Unreal ale is, as the name suggests, Unreal. To me, it seems to be in the style of Sparling Ale - would this be a correct assumption? Either way, it goes down very easily, and if your not carefull you will end up on your bum quick smart [lol]

I'm not really sure about the Unreal Ale. I've only made it once, well over a year ago, and while I didn't dislike it I certainly wasn't overwhelmed. I still have about half a case of it stashed away somewhere. I have vague meories of it being a difficult fermentation so maybe I should give it another as it seems to be quite popular with other posters.

I wouldn't put it in the same class as sparkling ale Greg. Although I wish it was - it would be great to be able to make a quality sparkling ale from supermarket ingredients.

i fermented this at 18 degrees and then stored it away for 12 weeks. At that point in time, to my taste, it was unreal. To me it tasted slightly like Sparkling, but not exact. Perhaps use the commercial yeast, and it might come out pretty close... I might give it a go again once i get through the Big W special cans i bought a while back. I dont know, it tasted from my memory, very similar to Sparkling, though i dont know whether this was the intention of the recipe....

Archived