Coopers Community

Help me Paul!

rossm

I have a few emty longnecks that need filling so I thought that would be a good project for today, put on a brew. Coles don't sell the gear anymore so I went to Kmart, they had caps, drops and a few cans so I grabbed a couple of cans of real ale, a bag of caps and a bag of drops. I'll go to Woolies and get some LDM....or BE2.....or maybe some BE1, nup, stuff all! Ah well off to one of the independants surely someone will have a packet or two! Nup! six bloody shops in a town of 30,000 people and I can't buy a bloody packet of LDM, BE1 or BE2! Paul get your marketing people to crank up some promotion amongst a couple of the stores so we can get a reliable supply in town. There used to be some homebrew stores started up in town, but they couldn't compete with the supermarkets so they shut shop, now the supermarkets don't reckon there is enough in it to keep the stuff and we miss out.....I'm pissed off at the moment, I will have to order online and wait until it comes in to do the brew, not to mention the extra cost and inconvenience, if no-one is home when the freight arrives it means a trip back into town to pick it up WHAT A PAIN RIGHT IN THE BUM!

I havn't spoken to any other homebrewers around lately so I don't know if others have given the game away or bought online...Buy local they say...what a joke!

yeah i think must be woolies and coles are gettin rid of there lines i know the coles where i am has got nothing hb now which out right sux, I found the brew shop not too bad $ wise but depends on what your after i guess [innocent]

Metcash (warehousing company for independents) have increased the range of Coopers Brewing Products in reaction to the Coles incident.

Lobby the managers of the independent grocery stores and they should be able to get what you need.

Hahaha, I know your pain! Everytime I walk into town, I stop at Kmart and grab anything I don't normally see. That's probably why they never have anything. I do know that they don't keep up with the shelf stock well. You should try calling and see if they have any in the storeroom.

Oh yeah, and that buy local commercial is load of crap.

don't really matter that much pb i usually buy the coopers items from woolies anything else the local hbs always sets me up nicely but thanks heaps for the info, what happened with coles anyways mate they did have more then woolies where i am but it all got marked down and moved out ???

I went to Kmart yeterday and mentioned the situation created by the supermarkets failing to support we brewers, the floor manager I spoke to seemed to think they are aware of the situation and have things in hand. I was not that confident in this blokes response so I have typed up a letter and pinned it to a feed back form which I will drop in today. They have started upping their stocks of drops, caps and dextrose but had bugger all cans or other brew enhancers, I have suggested a line of goods for them to stock so we will see what happens

Archived