4kg Atlas voyager

1kg light lager

.6kg winter wheat voyager

1.2kg acidulated malt best

.6kg    dextrose                 13g Columbus FWH

first part of the mash is without the acid malt 20mins 62c  40mins 67c

2nd stage is with acidulated malt added 45mins 67c  mash out 76c 15mins

then add dextrose and hops for 60min boil 

ferment with us-05 at 17c and add 2kg of raspberry's after  primary fermentation

25L  in the fermenter  Abv 6.5 to 7%  at BHE of around 65%

• 2 weeks later...

added 2kg of raspberrys and 25g of salt today it added 7points was about 3off final now 10 when that's done will CC for 5 days minimum want this as clear as I can get just for a change LOL have plenty of Hazy Ipa's now a tart fruity low IBU  . Next cab of the rank I think will be a blonde triple at least a blonde

Edited by therealthing691

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As I love fruit beer especially raspberry here is another  variation  no acidulated malt  and different grain bill plus more hops

25L

Fermentis SafAle US-05 Yeast 
Oat Malt - Gladfield (NZ) KG 0.60 
 Wheat Malt - Weyermann  KG 1.5 

Lager Light Malt - Gladfield  KG 4.5

15g fwh of enigma @ 29 ibu's

after primary fermentation 1.5kg of raspberry's for 3days with 85g of enigma dryhop 
 should taste good I think we will see cheers

• Like 1

On 4/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, therealthing691 said:

As I love fruit beer especially raspberry here is another  variation  no acidulated malt  and different grain bill plus more hops

25L

Fermentis SafAle US-05 Yeast 
Oat Malt - Gladfield (NZ) KG 0.60 
 Wheat Malt - Weyermann  KG 1.5 

Lager Light Malt - Gladfield  KG 4.5

15g fwh of enigma @ 29 ibu's

after primary fermentation 1.5kg of raspberry's for 3days with 85g of enigma dryhop 
 should taste good I think we will see cheers

Decided as well as the raspberry's I am going to add .8kg of puree pears don't know anyone that has tried pears but have had a beer a while back that had pear and raspberry was nice so wish me luck lol cheers 

Edited by therealthing691
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Seems a bit lonely over here mate so I thought I would drop in and annoy you 😀.  

Last year I was very interested in your passion fruit beer but unfortunately the bloody root knot nematodes killed 4 of my vines so only got one left now.  It is doing ok and loaded with fruit but wife says none for beer experiments.  Anyway did plant a couple more vines in different locations but it will be another year before (hopefully) I get a glut of passion fruit again.

Keep up the good work with your fruit beers.  I do have heaps of kiwi fruit and banana passion fruit so maybe I will have a crack at one of those flavoured beers when they are ripe.  Got no idea how to go about it but, so will keep my eye on your processes.

Edited by iBooz2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...