Coopers Community

Too much is never enough

MarkJ3

I was wondering how much bottled brew people keep on hand. My wardrobe is holding 20 coopers boxes of 15 P.E.T. bottles, the wife thinks I'm crazy. I mostly only brew through winter, unless I'm running low, in fridge's that are off to keep the temp. stable (2 fermenters). What's your stock level?[cool]

I've got 65 coopers pet 500ml bottles and 1 5gal keg full at the moment. I'll be getting on with more next week, stocking up for Christmas. It's storage space and how to keep my 21 year old son's hands off it that's the big problem. He stays up later at night than me and when I get up in the morning the tell tale empties are on the side in the kitchen![lol]

My stocks are about the same as yours Mark. My wife thinks I'm crazy no matter how much I brew though [biggrin]

I'm a bit concerned at the moment as I have been brewing full speed (3 brews going and not drinking) and I'm getting worried I'm going to run out of bottles [pinched]

I have 90 750ml tallies that i cycle through. Once one batch, ie 30 bottles, are in the shed empty, i brew another batch. I dont drink heaps, so mine usually age around 3 months. I would love a keg, because bottling is a pain in the bum, but the wife doesnt want to spend the extra cash on electricity running another fridge full time.

I've got 65 coopers pet 500ml bottles and 1 5gal keg full at the moment. I'll be getting on with more next week' date=' stocking up for Christmas. It's storage space and how to keep my 21 year old son's hands off it that's the big problem. He stays up later at night than me and when I get up in the morning the tell tale empties are on the side in the kitchen![lol']

LOL, I have the exact same problem with my oldest! [annoyed] I usually do most of my brewing in the October - March time frame, when it's cooler [oh, OK, darn cold] here on the NE US, building up my supply for the warmer months. Last year I had stocked up five 5-US gallon kegs and about 4 cases [two batches] in bottles.

I just sat down hit play on the ipod player - Billy Joel, sometimes i don't know why i go to extremes belted out while reading this post. Could this be the theme song for homebrewers??

I have about 210 longnecks and 15 stubbies whispering "drink me!" in the cupboard down stairs in the garage, plus 2 19L kegs about half full, rather half empty, as I am emptying them, not filling them!

both my drinking and brewing has been curtailed recently due to back problems. I am seeing a neurosurgeon tomorrow when my GP thinks I will be told I require corrective surgery on my back.[devil]

as a side note, i slipped and fell down the back steps when (sober!!!) taking my second ever batch into the brew room for fermentation. X-rays I had last month identified a broken lumbar vertabrae that had not previousl been identified (i have had ongong long-term problems hence many X-rays). I think it happened in this fall in february. And home brewing is supposed to be safe!

at the moment i've got 40 litres in bottles, 20 litres fermenting and plans for another 40 litres in the next three weeks, so 100 litres bottled before it gets too warm here in Bris.

I figure i'm planing ahead but it does entertain me to think i'll have enough beer to fill a (small) bath [biggrin].

i had said 2 brews fermenting but i decided i don't like even no's so had to make it 3 LOL but just got another 60 long necks that are empty so i feel i had to brew more it just gets a hold on ya once ya start ya can't stop [crying]

Im running at capacity too and quickly running out of bottles. i have about 13 cartons waiting to be drunk, but my mate has a whole bloody cellar full! all up about 25 cartons aging while he runs around europe for a couple months, I cant wait for him to get home

Im running at capacity too and quickly running out of bottles. i have about 13 cartons waiting to be drunk' date=' but my mate has a whole bloody cellar full! all up about 25 cartons aging while he runs around europe for a couple months, I cant wait for him to get home[/quote']

shit mate when he gets back your going to have some fun [sick]

A recent visit of a bunch of mates from abroad decimated my stockpile. A good time was had by all!

So currently in my 'cellar' I have about 40 750ml bottles which are an assortment of my different brews. Most of them are my recent English Bitter with a few strong IPAs and some Aussie Pale Ale. I have kept 2 bottles of my first brew, the Coopers Lager. Am interested to see if it improves with time (it was a bit of a stuff up!) I have another 23l of strong IPA currently in the fermenter.

Also have another 20 bottles or so of non-alcoholic ginger beer.

My wife found a brochure from my local home-brew store for a keg system and wasn't happy. I think I'll be sticking with bottles for a while yet... ha ha!

Robbo I know the pain. I put a bid on kegs on ebay last week the minister for fun and pain found out and wasn't happy. Needless to say I didn't increase my bid. The lucky sod who got them paid $51.00 for 2 kegs [crying] Half his luck. One day I will have that keg set up and beer fridge I willl I tell you [rightful]

Archived