Coopers Community

Coopers Kegs!

AussieJosh

Yesterday a friend of mine came over to my house and with him he brought along a 5L Heineken Draught Keg....

You know were im going with this right!? Has Coopers ever considerd it? If so what stoped them? Do you think Coopers would ever put out somthing like this?

Aussie, 4 questions in quick succession bam, bam, bam, bam!

1. Yes.

2. Yes

3. Very expensive customised keg filling line required for a product that doesn't have much popularity at the moment.

4. Maybe. Maybe not. Never say "never".

Thanks for the reply Paul! :D

Maybe one of the big guys like Fosters or CUB might start putting there VB crap in them one day :?: And if they start selling well in Australia then maybe Coopers will start putting the good stuff in them!? Fingers crossed! :P

an interesting topic that raises the question - has anyone found a way to recycle these mini kegs and use them for filling with home brew? If so, how?

Would be interested in doing my thing for the planet and making good use of what would otherwise be used for lanfill!

Thirsty you Tried!? What did you do!? I hope there was no Beer lost!?

Hieniken pots!? that would kinda be cool! ill keep that in mind! what you growing in them :?: :wink:

Im keeping mine for display along with all my bottles from aussie beers and beer of the world, when i get my bar up and running!

I had a few attempts at filling the normal steel 5 litre kegs. Main problem was corrosion as they are not coated properly and it's difficult to remove and replace the bung without making small scratches (which also end up corroding). Also, the seam tends to give way. They are just not worth the trouble. :(

• 4 months later...

I remember seeing some instructions on how to make a portable party keg from a garden sprayer some time ago, it was fairly simple and I thought at the time it would be a good thing for keggers to use as a means of making your brew portable, just one of the reasons I never got into kegging. Some of you more computer savvy blokes might be able to google such a thing, I have seen several different versions.

Archived