Coopers Community

perfect bottle storage conditions

MichaelD16

Just wondering what the best temp to keep my bottles at after two weeks of carbing up at 18 degrees or more, as a fridgie temp control is no problem so what is the perfect (if there is such a temp) to store my bottles to mature.

oh by the way ive brewed a pale ale a draught and thinking of doing a lager which i presume would be different?

Once they are adequately carbonated they could be kept warm enough to allow the yeast to continue to clean up any funky fermentation aromas/flavours but not so warm as to prematurely age the beer - say 16degC but it really isn't that critical.[sideways]

Depends which Paul you are talking about Michael. There is this PAULwho is good to know if you want 2 pairs of shoes for the price of 1.

Around here though there is another Paul who also goes by the name PB2. He is supplier of top advice and as Coopers home brew guru he has one of the best jobs in the word.

The confusing thing is that nobody even mentioned Paul in this thread [lol]

lol as a noob muddy on my first night of sampling of my fine work bit of excitement brewed bout my new obsession better than anything from a bottleshop (well in my lunch box anyways) we'll forget bout takin over the world tonight and concentrate on a natural homebrewed hangover morrow,all prat of the game

Archived