canadian blonde with honey

ninja_drift

put down a canadian blonde with honey as per the recipe

ie

Coopers canadian blonde extract

BE1

350 G honey (used brewers honey)

started out at 1046

been steady at 1018 for three days, tried rousing it back to life and bumping up the temp a bit, but no luck...

the FG is a bit higher than i expected as i thought all of the sugar in the honey was fermentable.... is this correct

just dont want a super sweet beer because the honey hasnt fermented out completely....

brew craft, i think it may be new...... was looking through supermarkets looking for an appropriate honey for awhile and stumbled in to brewcraft and they had a "pure light amber" brewers honey, which they rekon is ideal as a beer sugar additive/ suppliment..........

na going mainly keg and the left overs in glass bottles.....

smells good and tastes good

• 7 months later...

I made a honey blonde myself and was better than the female variety! At least it never gave me any grief.

Great summer drop and was a favourite of all my mates and a couple of family members who also brew. I make this all the time so I have a supply on demand. It's basically the house beer. Has a bit of honey on the nose when you smell it but is very subtle in the beer, just enough to make you want more.

Recipe:

1 can MAngrove Jack's Blonde LME

200g-250g Australian Bush Honey

750g Ultrabrew

25L

All mixed together thoroughly with my power drill and extra long spatula [bandit]

The simple things in life are often the best...

I did this as my first brew and had an fg of about 1016 aswell so it should be fine. I used plain old off the shelf tesco clear honey and it tastes great [cool] had another couple last night, it's definitely getting better with age, about 4 weeks in bottle now, best smelling beer ive ever come across but as mentioned above the honey taste is subtle. Lovely [biggrin]

Archived