Coopers Community

Low Carb Coopers on the way

Tricky

Tim Cooper has been quoted as saying, "The dry/low carb market seems to be here to stay so it's something we're looking at carefully to see whether we should have an entrant in that space.''

"We do need to take seriously that dry/low carb has stabilised at several per cent of the beer market. So we think we'll probably need to bring out a variant in that part of the market.''

Dr Cooper said any low-carb beer would be true to the Coopers brewing philosophy. "If we do it, it's got to have a bit of flavour,'' he said.

The full story, along with some details of Coopers Financial Report here:

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 13,00.html

Hmm.....

Back in the early 70s, we started making a carbohydrate modified beer call DB. One of the first beers we were allowed to sell into SA pubs because, at that time, the SA Brewing Company were not producing and had no interest in this sort of product. It was originally known as Diet Beer but after a number of years we were required to change it to Dry Beer.

We were ahead of our time... :roll:

i am VERY VERY INTERESTED to see what you guys come up with!!!

i tried so hard using kits and my brother is still trying (he is diabetic), to make a low carb with flavour...... coopers pilsner n euro both came out too dry, like drinking sand .

my best results were with real ale as a base made too 25litres with LDM n various aroma hops...cascade gave best results.

anyway, trying to guess what you guys will make...............ill guess an ale as you need to get as many flavours as possible in there!!!

good luck guys n girls!!

cheers

matt

oh and tricky,,,,,you surf so good you could join the bra boys!!

Archived