Coopers Community

Air in my beer line - Not Cool.....

Luke

Hi All,

I'm getting air in my beer line which is starting to annoy me.

I use a John Guest fitting which screws onto my beer out disconnect.

Problem is, I can see tiny air bubbles rising up the line from this fitting and gathering at the back of the tap which just shoots froth once I pour. [crying]

I've ruled out the disconnect as I can screw on a spare tap directly to the fitting which works fine.

So, the air must be getting in where I push the line into the fitting.

Any suggestions on my next plan of attack?

Anyone else use these fittings and had the same problem?

Mate there is no way any air is getting in. The system is under pressure. If there was a leak, beer would be coming out not air going in.

It's more likely the C02 getting knocked out of suspension from a dodgy fitting.

Maybe post a pic so we can see your setup exactly.

Cheers, Mat.

[pinched] D'oh! I mean Co2 coming out of solution in my beer line![sad]

As soon as I read your reply I gave myself a big slap on the forehead & said I'm a dill!

Shall try with a new John Guest fitting first.

Thanks guys,

It's happening every pour.

I'm using 3m of 6mm ID line with my regulator set to 10psi. (I can range from 10-12psi for a good pour and good carbonation level)

I think I'll raise the pressure and let it equalise over the next few days and try again!

It looks to me like the beer-line ID is too large or length is too short - not offering enough restriction to flow. If you restrict the flow, the head pressure can be increased which will help to keep the bubbles in solution.

Archived