Coopers Community

2nd fermentation

Polky

Gday all,

I have done about 5 brews and keen to try (why wouldnt ya be)any way i cracked a couple of pales and cerva and the lager they have been in bottles for about 3 weeks,just to sample? and they seem to be flat as a tack.

Your comments plz and thanx

G'day Polky - You need to keep you beers above 18C for a couple of weeks for them to carbonate properly (assuming they've been primed correctly). I keep mine in the living area and in the kitchen cupboards for a couple of weeks in winter before moving them out to te colder storage are in the garage.

Gday Muddy,

Thanx for ur reply now fella I have done evrything correctly 1).clean the bottles spotless washed and rinsed with boiling hot water.

2) primed the bottles by dropping 2 carb drops in and filling then capping.

3)then putting the bottles in the kitchen and covering them over with a sleeping bag to keep warm also the air con on as well.

4)the only thing i didnt do was invert the bottles, but readin the FAQ it says when using the drops no need to invert.

5)just got home from a bush job and i have givin my 120 or so botts a big shake up,looks like if they dont come good i will be drinking flat grog[annoyed] .

6)your comments thanx fella.

Archived