Coopers Community

Candian Blonde - Recepie

McFrankel

Hey I need an idea I have come across a cheap can of candian blonde (use by date this week so it was going for a song). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for brewing apart from the strawberry blonde recepie? I came across one with 1kg ldm and 500grms of corn sugar. Any other ideas?[cool]

Here is a cool recipe that I created!

Its almost the same as strawberry blonde.

Blue Gum Blonde

Clean, pale malt flavours, a light bodied palate with malt aromas and a hint of spicy hops, bursting with the flavour of Australian natural blue gum honey.

You will need:

\u2022\t1.7Kg Can Coopers Canadian Blond

\u2022\t1Kg Coopers Brew Enhancer 1

\u2022\t340g Australian Blue Gum Honey

Dissolve Coopers Canadian Blonde, Brew Enhancer 1 and Honey in 3 litres of hot water.

Fill fermenter with cool water to the 23 litre mark and stir.

Sprinkle supplied yeast over the wort surface.

Ferment temperature should be in the range 21C-27C.

Bottle when specific gravity has reached 1.010 (or two readings the same over 24 hours).

Try a toucan with it and buy new yeast, I've never tried to do a toucan but you've got the perfect opportunity because you got one of the cans really cheap. I think I'd put it down with an IPA can and a little dex to get it going... other guys are going to chime in on the toucan idea I just know it [happy]

• 1 month later...

Hey Mark, what ended up happening with your Canblonde? The Dex and malt mix sounds like it could have been a winner. I have 2 cans ATM and am about to do the Duvel recipe PB2 suggested a while back which was 1kg ofLDM and 1.5kg of SUGAR with some saaz and styrian goldings hops. I couldn't get Styrian so am going for East Kent Goldings and brewing at around the 24C mark.

Trusty - I wish you'd get around to doing this Duvel. I want to know how it turns out. I've been meaning to do it for a while but thought that it would need some hop additions.

Crook back or not people are counting on you to do the experimentation for them [biggrin]

Archived