Coopers Community

Long neck prices

AussieJosh

Hey i got a Carton of coopers long necks about a month ago cause i wanted to use some glass long necks for my homebrew. My Irish Ale is now in them. I tasted one yesterday, Very nice! Anyway a carton of coopers pale ale stubbies was $38.99 but the carton of coopers long necks was $48.95. I still bought them and seen the long necks in another shop a few days later for about ten $ more then the stubbies also. Why is this? is the glass for long necks more expensive to make or somthing?

hey josh,

paul might have a clear answer.......but i live in outer western sydney n i have never had this problem i dont think,,,,maybe 3 or 4 bucks different but thats about it!

try dan murphy's if you have a local one?

cheers

matt

p.s. wouldnt suprise me if some liquor chains have caught on that alot of coopers drinkers also homebrew!

Spoke to a mate who runs a liquor store said there was a big difference as distributer only gives deals on stubbies. He may sell 100 ctns Stubbies to 1 ctn of bottles so profit margin could be very close. I think if he could sell 100 Ctns of bottles to 1 Ctn of stubbies it would be different.

Well all I can say is think yourselves lucky you can even buy longnecks! The government in their wisdom outlawed the sale of longnecks in Alice about two years ago...............the reason.....too much broken glass around! Have you ever heard so much absolute bu......it in your life? How does one longneck equate to more than two stubbies when they are all broken I ask you, and you can still buy spirits, wine etc in bottles, just not beer! Just because our indigenous "Keepers of the land" keep it filthy dirty, we resposible drinkers are continually penalised. If I listed off all the grog rules unique to Alice and some other parts of the Territory you would be stunned!

Archived