Coopers Community

Stout

IanD1

Hi Just about to try a reciepe form the website for the first time, quick question..

\u20221.7kg Thomas Coopers Irish Stout

\u2022500g Light Dry Malt

\u2022300g Dextrose

Is this all i need to put in the fermenter? The can instructions says 1KG of sugar, does the 500g of Light Dry Malt replace this, or is it in addition to?

Thanks

Ian

The original series beer kit labels carry a pictorial representation of a simple way to make beer. This includes a 1kg sugar addition.

I hope that the Thomas Coopers Irish Stout doesn't mention 1kg of sugar, but it wouldn't be the first time I have made an oversight...

I modelled the Irish Stout on something between Murphy's and Guinness in the 440ml cans with a widget.

So yes, try it with 500g of Light Dry Malt and 300g of dextrose.

Not a matter of needing 1kg of sugar, rather what style of beer do you want to make then determine the ingredients required to do the job. What outcome are you looking for Ian?

We don't encourage the use of 1kg of Sugar (table sugar, sucrose) with our beer kits, it's more a picture representing 1kg of a sugar - this is just a carry over from the bad old days.

The Original Series Stout beer kit does not contain roasted barley and is not the same as Irish Stout.

Archived