Coopers Community

Goodnight America Dark American Lager

Chuznut

Hey guys,

I bought the Goodnight America ROTM when it came out a few months back, but haven't got around to brewing it yet.

Does anyone know of any commercial beers that are similar style to this beer that I can try? I really like the sound of this beer, and it's the next beer that I plan on brewing, but I'm curious to try a commercial beer in the mean time, just to get an idea of what it might taste like.

I've had a look at Dan's, and the only dark lager I've seen so far is the Matso's Smokey Bishop, though it seems like it'd be a bit more like a porter/stout, whereas I'm assuming the Goodnight America would be closer to an Amber Ale?

Cheers

Blake

Hey guys,

I too purchased this ROTM, as it sounded really good but likewise I'm yet to actually try a beer of this, style.

I plan to brew it in around 6 weeks. Looking forward to sharing tasting notes!

Thanks Dave, I'll check out Dan's for a stubbie. I'm assuming it tastes similar to an American brown ale but more complex malt profile?

Cheers

Nick

Hi Chuznut.

http://valebrewing.com.au/beers-and-ciders/vale-amber-lager

Had one ages ago...........

I have seen it at uncle dans.

Cheers' date='

Dave. [/quote']

Thanks Dave. From the write up on Vale's website, it looks like this is the exact beer that Coopers is trying to emulate.

Unfortunately they don't have this in my local Dan's, so I'll have to have a look the next time I'm in one of the other nearby Dan's.

Archived