Coopers Community

modifying a brew

Phil

goodday every one ,

I made a Indian Pale Ale a couple of months ago and relized I don't really like strong ales I made it perfectly but I prefer lagers & lighter ales ,now what I was wondering is can I put a percentage of IPA in a fermenter as a additive with say a lager & brew that threw to produce a black "n"tan style beer maybe 3litres of IPA to a 23litre brew of lager.

Any ideas.

I've been brewing about 6 months now and have worked up to 3 fermenters now, Coopers of course so I am very keen to learn how to brew the nest step up to mash ,any good book any one can suggest .

Merry beer Christmas.

Many a time I have made beer that is not quite right by itself (gotta push the boundaries with experimentation :mrgreen: ) but comes up nice when blended with another beer.

If you want to blend the finished beer it is best to mix it with another finished beer. Go for one with fairly soft bitterness levels such as the Australian Pale Ale. Then crack a bottle of each and mix it in the glass. You will find the right ratio to suit your taste by trial and error.

John Palmer - How to Brew is good. You can look at it online or buy a copy. http://www.howtobrew.com

Archived