Coopers Community

Canadian Blonde erratic ferment

Stuartp1525228872

Hi guys, I started my first Canadian blonde on Sunday OG 1035 before pitching the yeast i waited at least 6-8 hours & it still had not started fermenting yet ie no condensation on the lid of the fermenter or mucky ring at the top of the wort & the wort didnt foam up like the other Coopers brews i have done in the past, so i waited a little longer & pitched some more yeast & still nothing gave it some more time then gently stirred it & then it slowly started bubbling out of the air lock for at least 24 hours then it seemed to stall so i checked the seal of the lid & air lock & it was bubbling again & then yesterday it wasnt bubbling at all & only a slight amount of condensation on the lid, the temp has been a fairly constant 26 degrees i checked SG last night & it was 1015. I am not sure if there is anything wrong with it any ideas or feedback would be appreciated. P.S. i as always made sure everything was sterilised before i started. Thanks. Stu.

The SG has dropped from 1035, so it is fermenting.

Ignore the airlock.

Trust the Hydrometer.

Odds are that the first yeast was fermenting - you just needed to be a bit more patient.

At 26degC things should be finished by today or tomorrow but it won't hurt to leave it until Sunday for bottling.

Stu,

We've all been there!

I remember back to my first brew. :roll: My wife (then fianc\xe9) said that I was acting like an expectant father and wondered whether the Brew Kit was such a good present?? Turns out that it was the best present she has ever given me - although there was the day driving a Formula Ford that was right up there! :wink:

Archived