Coopers Community

brigalow ginger beer

IzacF

Brew it for a mate at work and he prefers it over any others on the market, be sure to add some extra ginger ( I just use the crushed homebrand in a jar) & use malt instead of the brown sugar. I find myself to be brewing for him on a fortnightly basis in exchange for homemade bourbon which the misses drinks, all in all a win/win outcome.

Brew it for a mate at work and he prefers it over any others on the market' date=' be sure to add some extra ginger ( I just use the crushed homebrand in a jar) & use malt instead of the brown sugar. I find myself to be brewing for him on a fortnightly basis in exchange for homemade bourbon which the misses drinks, all in all a win/win outcome.[/quote']

thnx Yak ill try that recipe for sure. how much ginger Yak?

Izac I usually dump about half a 250 gram jar into a boil and a couple of chillies. I myself don't mind it every now and then it's a good refreshing drink when I don't feel like a beer, but thats a very rare occasion.

Hi there Izac, as an alternative to Yaks suggestion of adding chilli's you could also boil with the ginger:

The grated zest and flesh of 2 lemons

1 cinnemon stick

12 Cloves

Boil for 1/2 an hour. You can also add a jar of honey to your fermentables to give it some oomph. this also adds a very nice flavour dimension

Drink it in a tall glass, poured over ice and served with a slice if lime[love]

+1 to nicks variation, I brewed it that way for about 12 months with great results although it got very costly as everything I used was fresh. At $25 a kilo for ginger & the lemons being seasonable I changed my recipe. It is worth the money and effort to treat yourself though.

+1 to nicks variation' date=' I brewed it that way for about 12 months with great results although it got very costly as everything I used was fresh. At $25 a kilo for ginger & the lemons being seasonable I changed my recipe. It is worth the money and effort to treat yourself though. [/quote']

The good thing with ginger beer recipes is that anything that sounds like it would go well generally does

Archived