Coopers Community

Quality Of Packaging

scrubba

Mr Cooper,

After brewing at home using 99.99% COOPERS' products from various

suppliers, mainly Big W, I was appalled recently to find cans of concentrate dented with plastic firmly in place yet directions and yeast caught halfway on the can rim.

Normally I blame Big W for their lack of care whilst handling such a delicate article and denting / crushing my prized concentrate.

However after closer inspection I was taken aback at the fact that the packager was at fault.

PLEASE EXPLAIN & WHOM SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SAME!

Regards,

David C. Scherer

G'day David,

welcome to the extended Cooper family (aka Coopers Club) and our forum. Please take some time to set up your alias.

The instructions, yeast and lids are put on the cans mechanically with a line speed of about 120/min. From time to time a yeast sachet and/or instructions may try to "escape" and get caught hanging out the side once the lid is applied. In most instances the operator will notice this and pull the offending can off the line. Obviously, one got away!!

A sachet hanging out the side does not look good but normally the sachet is not damaged and the brew can be fermented successfully.

Paul,

Thankyou for your prompt reply.

Unfortunately there was not only one damaged can - the undamaged one managed to be detected and removed from the shelf for my use - leaving as many as ten to fifteen remaining.

I would presume if quality control missed them then perhaps Big W's storepeople etc. should have picked up on the problem and reported / returned the damaged products.

If upon my return to purchase more concentrate the situation is the same I shall endeavour to obtain an explanation from the store manager.

Once again thankyou for your prompt reply and am looking forward to touring the brewery in the not too distant future.

Regards,

David C. Scherer

Archived