Coopers Community

Question following a brewery tour

Andy New Brewer

Hi i forgot to ask when i was on the tour a couple of days ago what is the cost of Coopers producing 1 stubbie of beer compared to the price of a home brewer producing a stubbie of beer.

Tour is great to do i was learnt a lot about Coopers the only dissapointment is i paid $36 for me and the missus and nothing was working no bottling or anything :( Will have to pay and go again to hopefully see it all working.

Sorry dont mean to sound like a whinger but it just would have been nice to at least see the bottling happening.

Cheers

Andy 8)

G'day Andy,

bad luck about missing things in action. The tour days are set for the days of the week that give the best chance of production being in full swing. Maybe you went on tour last Thursday arvo which happened to be the day before a maintenance shut-down period and so production wound up earlier than normal. Odds are, you will get to see things buzzing and whirring next time.

It is difficult to answer your question with specific costs. Suffice to say that the Home Brewer wins because no excise tax is paid to the Government.

Thanks for that Paul, yes it was last Thursday but hey like i said at the end of my first post i dont wanna be a whinger at least the money goes to a charity and the beer at the end of the tour was excellent. :D

And as for the question i was not trying to be difficult it was just one of those out there questions that popped into my head later.

Cheers

Andy

Archived