Coopers Community

Draught Experiment

Snags

Hey guys,

Haven't brewed for a few months, and thought I'd throw together something a bit different. After a taste test today I think it's going to be a really nice drop. [joyful]

Ingredients were;

Coopers O.S Draught

500g Liquid Malt Extract

500g Light Dry Malt

400g Australian Grey Box Honey

50g Goldings Hops (flowers), dry hopped day 2.

2 packs ale yeast

Mixed to 23L.

Will be bottling on Friday.

After a taste test today I think it's going to be a really nice drop. [joyful].

Mmmmmm Coopers Draught Kit [love]

Be sure to let us know how it turns out Snags, SWMBO has a liking for BeezNeez at the minute and I am keen to put some honey in a brew. Did I say that I [love] the Draught kit?

The Draught kit is a bloody excellent base kit! And the honey is shining through beautifully so far in this brew. Can't recommend it enough, try it!

This is also the first time I've used Goldings hops, and a first for using flowers aswell, and it really has taken on a fantastic taste and aroma!

Can't wait to bottle and age this one!

Hey mate,

I mixed it as follows.

Light Dry Malt was swirled first with 2 litres of hot water, to dissolve. Then liquid malt, Honey and Draught goop were mixed in, and water topped up to 23L.

I then sprinkled on yeast after taking O.G, covered with Glad Wrap and that's it.

Two days later after krausen settled, I added 50g of Goldings Hops in a chux wipe (dunked a few times in a cup of boiling water)

At present, the Honey taste is lovely, not overpowering, just seems to compliment the brew well.

I suppose time in the bottle will tell how long the honey taste stays around, being my first brew using honey I don't really know what to expect.

Cheers, Mick.

What stage did you put your Honey in, and how much?

Was a couple of years ago now so I would be guessing but from memory it was a straight swap for fermentables and I have the distinct feeling I boiled it for 10mins as at the time I was worried about contamination. (Im sure I read about pasturising it and decided it was to difficult, I since learned its kinda anti-bacterial)

Archived