Coopers Community

Commercial Draught beer Trent Style

So, I have a few friends who only like the Coopers Blonde, dunno really it's not much chop.

I have a few different commercial beer clone recipes and thought back before I started brewing I didn't mind Carlton Draught (I'm probably going to get shot for saying that[bandit] ). So I looked at my recipes and trolled the net looking for the recipes and across a few different recipes for Carlton Draught.

SO I have decided to do a Cooper Draught using the following:

1 x 1.7 kg Coopers Draught

1kg Dextrose

500g Light Dry Malt

12g Pride of Ringwood steeped for 10 minutes.

I dunno how it is going to turn out but that is the fun [biggrin] (and pain [devil]) of home brewing waiting and anticipating.

Dunno if anyone has done it before or if it has a name. If people have done this can you let me know how it tastes and what it is called please

To be honest there are heaps of topics on this site about people trying to imitate comercial beers. I myself tried this when first started brewing but half the fun for me is discovering new tastes.

I do remember trying to imitate carlton draught many times first aattempt was

1 can OS Draught

500 grams Light Dry Malt

500 Grams dextrose

Kit yeast

23 litres

at first taste after 2 weeks shit house found it again at 3 months was beautiful. Inbetwwen that i done another one exactly the same but used 40 grams POR way too much 10 min boil 10 steep.

So in all i reckon ur recepie would be more ballanced with the 12 grams steep but cut it down to 50/50 as per my first recepie no need for whole kg of dextrose. keep in mind it will never be an exact especially without the secret strain of lager yeast used to brew it so just give it a shot and at least a month in bottle before sample. god luck mate

So, I have a few friends who only like the Coopers Blonde, dunno really it's not much chop.

I have a few different commercial beer clone recipes and thought back before I started brewing I didn't mind Carlton Draught (I'm probably going to get shot for saying that[bandit] ). So I looked at my recipes and trolled the net looking for the recipes and across a few different recipes for Carlton Draught.

SO I have decided to do a Cooper Draught using the following:

1 x 1.7 kg Coopers Draught

1kg Dextrose

500g Light Dry Malt

12g Pride of Ringwood steeped for 10 minutes.

I dunno how it is going to turn out but that is the fun [biggrin] (and pain [devil]) of home brewing waiting and anticipating.

Dunno if anyone has done it before or if it has a name. If people have done this can you let me know how it tastes and what it is called please

Lager yeast?

Archived