Coopers Community

Irish Ale with Draught Kit

McFrankel

Was looking at the simple Irish Ale recipe on the how to brew section and was wondering how it would go adding something like the TC Amber malt instead of the be1? So it would be:

1 O/S Draught Kit

1 T/C Amber Malt Extract

300gr of Golden Syrup

and I was thinking of maybe adding a T bog of fuggles?

Cheers

Mark

I am assuming you havn't given this recipe a crack before, its not too bad as it is, if you were going to change it up i would just stick with a good dry malt (if you did want to go liquid malt - try a blonde malt) and maybe instead of fuggles (save that for all the 'poor person' beers, the English ones. I aint a racist, its self confessed by them!) go safe with Pride Of Ringwood... just a suggestion, have made a couple of these brews before with different variations and i was happy with all of them.

Also, if your a freak like me and can/like to eat golden syrup by the tablespoon full, wack a bit more in.

The golden syrup will become a bit lost amongst the flavour from the amber malt so you may as well use 250g of white sugar instead of the golden syrup. [wink]

Fuggles is not a bad idea - wouldn't use PoR as it doesn't present so well as a late hop.

Archived