Coopers Community

Wanting to make a Crownie.

AndrewC5

I got this recipe but im not sure of the steps really. All ive brewed so far is Ales, which i love. But i wanna try making all different beers. Ive been researching and apparently the Lagers need to be REALLY cold when fermenting. Anyway, heres my recipe so far, any tips on method or ingredients please add them. Or even if u have a different but good lager anyway, please weigh in.

Crown Lager

1 Can Coopers lager.

500 g Light Dry Malt

250 g Dextrose.

250 g Powered corn syrup. (referred to as CORN in method)

5 g x brewing yeast

1 x teabag P of R finishing hops <<<<<<<<<< Does anyone know what this is?

Method:

Dissolve Lager, MALT, DEX, CORN in 4 liters of hot water in a 25L fermenter

Can't say I am a fan of Crown lager [sick] Andrew but I guess I can be a bit of a beer snob (Isn't it just VB in a fancy bottle?).

The Corn syrup listed in your recipe is actually Maltodextrin in case anyone is confused.

I'm more of an ale fan but the Cooper's European is a good starting point for lagers. It's good as per instructions or as the Green Neck Lager in the How To Brew section.

The Pride of Ringwood (P of R) hops are quite common in a lot of Australian beers from gutter swill to the top shelf stuff like Coopers [love]

There is a brief description of P of R hops HERE but it is wiki so I can't vouch for all the the "facts".

Muddy don't get me wrong please, im definetly into the Ales, expecially Dark ales. But im planning to try everything just for the sake of it. Also alot of my mates drink lager, so its also for them to enjoy aswell.

I'm not having a go mate - I agree in trying things out just for the experiences of it (I'm doing a cider at the moment and I don't even really like cider [unsure] ).

I'm also not having a go at lagers there are plenty of good ones around and I like to brew them myself. I guess I keep going back to ales like an old security blanket.

Happy brewing [biggrin]

Hi Andrew!

I got this recipe on how to make Crown Lager In a Brew

Cellar Pamphlet

Morgans Blue Montian Lager (DONT USE THE KIT YEAST)

1kg Brew Cellar #15 Ultra Blend + 250g Dex (not sure what the coopers euivelent is to that? Paul may be able to help?)

12g POR steeping bag (its just like a tea bag you can get from your home brew shop)

Lager yeast from your home brew shop (brew 12c-18c try for the lower end)

will take 2 or 3 weeks to ferment!

4,9% alc

Archived