Coopers Community

Only a brewer knows the troubled feeling

Beer Loving Trent

So after working the last 19 days straight I was looking forward to, the weekend off (finally).I finished rinsing out my 32 longneck bottles (750 ml) This is where it went to hell in a hand basket.

Well over the last two weeks, I bottle batches and placed them into to boxes as I always do.

Well for the last 2 weeks due to my hectic work roster, I have pretty much left the cases of beer where they were. Since I had needed space to put down beer I was planning to bottle I decided I would put the last two weeks batches in the stack with the rest of my beer. WELL bad mistake, as I moved a box of about 15, 750 ml bottles, I felt the centre of gravity shift towards the concrete of my shed( which is a double garage in my back yard). Well I needless to say but I have to I, ended up with only one bottle left from that box. I stormed inside to tell my bride, who hate beer, but understands my need to make it every week.

I then took the ready FV out of my brew cupboard, and placed it on my bottling milk crate, which I do every week. ( I have 2 FV's I bottle every Friday and pitch a new batch every Saturday, 13 days in the FV).

I took my plastic tub of sterilized bottled off the table only to watch my FV do a flip and for me to be showered in beer for the 2nd time.

I stormed inside for the second time,to vent, the look on my bride face could only match what I felt (shear horror). I said, "I just worked the last 19 days straight!! Why?" I walked back out to my shed and saw by the love of GOD (who is a beer drinker) that my FV landed right side up.

I ended up bottling 22 long neck bottles, instead of my normal 30 but I'm glad I bottled something because I nearly didn't.

So I would love to hear any problems that anyone else has across as I can't be the only unlucky bastard that poo like this happens to.

(P.S. If any of you wonder why I worked the last 19 days straight I'm the boss of an Ice production factory, and as you probably realise summer time is the optimum time for Ice sales)

POST #14 IN THIS THREAD TELLS OF ONE OF MY MISHAPS!!!!!!!!!! STILL BROKEN!

I saved the whole batch! Glad wrap, a wonderful thing!

That fv of mine was cling wrapped

To make this story worse last friday (the one following when all this badness happened) I happened to discover that some low life jerks stole some of my aging beer.

Archived