Coopers Community

Priced out of the market!

Muddy Waters

I just read an email from my favourite brewing company whom I shall call Moopers to protect anonymity [biggrin]

Like a kid at Christmas I eagerly clicked at my inbox to see what treats awaited. First thing I noticed was that my hometown was mentioned so finally I might be able to partake in one of the fabled Moopers promotions. What I saw next shocked me and left me thoroughly dismayed.

There was a promotion to be held at selected Sydney pubs where patrons could get a pie and a Moopers pale ale for $20 [pinched] (The photo seemed to suggest only a small glass of pale at that). When did pies become the new caviar? What happened to the working mans lunch? I'd be paying $8-10 for a Schooner of sparkling ale and a pie at my local (or $10-12 for the same but with a fancy homemade pie)...but $20 for a pale and pie.

Am I missing something? Is someone having a laugh?

I need to go and have a lie down and think about the old days...hold my calls please.

[sad]

I got the same, and thought they must be talking about a pail of pale and family sized pie. I knew beers are $'y in the big smoke, but ffhew! You do get to enter a comp to win Coopers for life, or something, though (please read the PDS before reading this post....Written spoken and authorised by macbrewing po box 800gtown, nsw - all said in a really low pitched voice very quickly).

While I have you, I don't get to the big smoke often enough and when do I want to enjoy myself and not squabble/worry about a few bux, BUT what about them [pinched] [surprised] schmiddys[annoyed] ? no thanks. I'll have a schooner in the front bar[love] anytime[innocent].

Archived