Coopers Community

Bring Back Nut Brown Ale

c4488

:( I am disapointed to hear that Coopers has discontinued my favorite style of home brew, Nut Brown Ale.

This is a great beer straight out of the can and even better when you use a combination of light and dark malt, and some Fuggles, or Tetnanger finishing hops.

When I tried to buy some today the staff at my favourite Home Brew supplier (Walsh's Mitre 10 Nowra) said it has been their best seller out of all the brands and styles they carry, which would be over 40.

Any one else out there feel they would like Coopers to bring back this great beer .

In the last news letter Coopers asked the club members to get together and ask Woolworths to cary the Coopers sugars, I would like Coopers members to ask Coopers to bring back the Nut Brown Ale.

Yes l agree, Why can't the Master Brew section include the nut brown ale as well as an irish stout , If anything should go it should be the Pilsener. The nut brown ale is a favourate of mine and also anyone who has tried it. l have even converted a number of friends into home brewing just so they could make a nut brown ale of their own

John m

I also enjoy my "Nut Brown Ale". I am just about to start kegging and hoped I could have a NBA on tap. I was fortunate enough to have purchased 6 cans of concentrate from the Cooper's General Store. I am in favour of it being reintroduced.

Regards,

Peter.

"Don't waste time keep drinking"

• 5 years later...

This seems to have been a popular beer to those that brewed it. Any chance of a recepie? I used to drink Manns brown as a lad in the UK and prefer this over Newcastle brown. Does the nut brown resemble either one?

No chance of a limited release nut brown kit?

Poor sales killed this kit off [pouty]

A simple version of Nut-Brown from a previous newsletter:

1.7kg Original Series Dark Ale beer kit

1.5kg Amber Malt Extract

200g Dextrose (or sugar)

Mix to 23 litres

Use the yeast that comes with the Dark Ale kit and try to ferment as close as possible to 21C.

Alternatively, replace the Amber Malt Extract with 500g of crystal grain and bump the dextrose up to 500g.

Of course, the grains need to be cracked, steeped, strained then brought to the boil.

My father-in-law is a fan of Manns brown, yet to taste it myself[pinched]

He's tasted the crystal version, of the recipes above, and liked it.

Archived