Coopers Community

like water

c44131

Sometimes the brew will foam as you bottle it while other times it may appear to be as flat as a tack!! Once you prime and fill the bottles, wait for the brew to go through the conditioning process and it should come out okay.

Yeah, Gday

I'm noticing this frothing problem too since I started using enhancer No.2 in warm weather.

I've just bottled my first two winter brews to start drinking in May. Dark Ale then the Nut Brown. Both with a full kg pack of No.2, both foamed up through the air lock making the sort of sticky mess which is difficult to explain to the leader of the opposition. Left each to settle 4 days at FG, looked nice and still but as I bottled it built up froth right up the bottle necks, very difficult to judge fill level in a 750 ml and in a narrow neck stubby; impossible. I like the taste effect of enhancer No 2 in the fuller-flavoured styles but it is becoming hard to manage in summer brewing.

Anyone else?

Kip

funny you should say that Kip, I have had exactly the reverse, I brew mainly coopers Bitter and used to have every brew "boil over" with sugar, but I use enhancer 2 now and have no trouble at all. As I rethink that a couple of other things have changed, I used to use the old Coopers bucket type brewer before and now I am using the latest style, but the bucket was pretty big, and I also go to a bit more trouble to try and keep it cool, having said that 28c would not be uncommon, but I have had no trouble for a long time.

Ross

Archived