Coopers Community

Final S.G

Bratwurst

I am still fairly new to this Home Brewing caper so I would appreciate some advice from more experienced brewers.

I am on to brew No 4, a draught. It has been fermenting for 6 days now at about 27C, the bubbling has slowed right down and the SG is 1020 (same yesterday), OG was 1040. I am a little worried about bottling at such a high gravity. The other brews that I have bottled have all had a FG of around 1010 and the results have been very pleasing.

For this brew I used Coopers Brew Enhancer No 1, whereas the others I have used the Coopers Brewing Sugar. Would this make a difference to FG?

Any tips would be most appreciated.

Cheers.

Bratwurst.

Give it a few more days.

Brews with Brew Enhancer 1 (60%dextrose/40%maltodextrin) will normally finish at around the 1012-1016 mark when using an ale strain of yeast. So you are not too far away.

What was the date on your yeast sachet? The older the yeast, the lower the viability (less live yeast cells, more dead ones) and the harder it is for the yeast to attenuate (consume most available sugars) the brew.

I didn't write down the yeast Exp date. The Exp date on the can was June 2006 and I think the yeast was March 2006.

Anyway, I will give it a cuppla days and see how it goes.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers

Bratwurst.

Archived