Coopers Community

re-activating coopers yeast

Acka

hi all, the re-activation recipe states putting the 6 beers( of cpa) upright in the fridge for a week, i understand that this is purely to get the floating yeast to the bottom of the bottle. so question 1.

can i stand the beer upright not in the fridge for a week and then chuck in the fridge (upright) just prior to extracting the yeast??

basically we have a small fridge so the GF DOESNOT like much beer in there! i have a big esky that i use for social drinking sessions.

let me know.

cheers

Acka

thanks mate, that exactly what i was thinking but just wanted to double check. i thought that perhaps the chilled beer seprated the heavier ingrediants faster??? im sure that the longies standing upright warm or chilled with still suffer from the law of gravity

cheers

Hi Acka.

The refridgeration process will condense the sediment/yeast more thoroughly & hold it at the bottom of the bottle better when it comes to decant off the excess beer.

There are a few blokes on this forum that are ruled hard by the ol' hairy lassoo! [tongue]

Anthony. [biggrin]

hi all, the re-activation recipe states putting the 6 beers( of cpa) upright in the fridge for a week, i understand that this is purely to get the floating yeast to the bottom of the bottle. so question 1.

can i stand the beer upright not in the fridge for a week and then chuck in the fridge (upright) just prior to extracting the yeast??

basically we have a small fridge so the GF DOESNOT like much beer in there! i have a big esky that i use for social drinking sessions.

let me know.

cheers

Acka

G'day Acka Mate

I just went out and got another fridge. It was easier that getting another missus. Anyway she deserved as much cause like Lord Eoin says she stuck by me during the drought [lol] . But I have done this process heaps of times. My tallies sit upright in the fridge for yonks, Anthony has a point about the refridgeration compacting the yeast, its a bit like cold crashing.. I reckon.

Archived