Coopers Community

Storing Beer

G'day All:

I've been wondering about storing beer in cubes aka 25 litre plastic containers. I believe after fermentation is complete, beer can be racked into a cube and stored in the fridge for a few weeks...correct me if I am wrong please.

My concern is storing beer outside the fridge in cubes. Is it possible? I thought of adding some sugar for a secondary fermentation and giving it a CO2 protective cover (purge the air every so often).

If I did this, would it still be possible to syphon it into a keg or would it froth up and oxygenate the beer?

Any opinions, great appreciated. Cheers!

once it's fermented, bottle or keg. I wouldnt be storing in a cube post ferment.

Cubes are generally used for the No Chill method, but thats pre-ferment.

and also, can you do something about your signature line? it takes up as much room on thr page as your posts.

If you want to store beer post-ferment, why not just put straight into bottles or kegs?

1 - it's another step and another chance for infection.

2 - if the cube is sealed, you'll most likely carbonate it

3 - If it does carbonate, what if it pops? that's a lot of wasted beer...

4 - why?

Why not just rack it to a secondary, or turn a cube into a secondary with a tap and airlock?

Regarding the signature, I quite like it.

It's text, bright, confuses me and takes less space than a lot of others.

Thanks for the feedback chaps. I only have a limited number of kegs and I have no desire to bottle (been there done that). I foresee possible circumstances where my scheduled consumption rate could be hindered by that thief of time aka work, or the interference by she who thinks she must be obeyed.

So, I could have all my kegs full and a finish brew which I may not be able to deal with for a few weeks.

I hope this sheds some light my quandary. Cheers

if you have a fridge, then just drop the temp to 2'c for however long you need to lager it for, it'll be fine.

Having all the kegs full is a problem I'd like to have [cool]

BTW I only meant the "double glass" in the sig.. apologies

Archived