Coopers Community

I just dropped my carbonation drops all over the floor...

ChrisF9

I've only ever used the carb drops but just dropped my last packet on the floor, knowing how long since it's been mopped and how anal I am on keeping the brew sanitary the 10 second rule doesn't apply...

Not sure what to use or how to measure it accurately without one of those little priming scoop thingies, nor do I have the equipment to have a first crack at racking and bulk priming.

I've got plain white table sugar, castor sugar, brown sugar, raw sugar, Coopers Brewing Sugar, LDM and BE1 laying around, and I need to bottle the Coopers Lemon Weizen recipe into 750 mL PET's.

Do I just stick with the plain white table sugar? and is there any advice on the best dosage and how to measure it accurately (the best I can come up with is around 6 grams/1 teaspoon per bottle)?

Thanks

Chris

Hiya ChrisF9.

Do I just stick with the plain white table sugar? and is there any advice on the best dosage and how to measure it accurately (the best I can come up with is around 6 grams/1 teaspoon per bottle)?

Table sugar is fine. It's actually recommended.

I believe it's 5-6gms of sugar per 750ml bottle, & halve that per stubby, that you plan to secondary ferment individually per bottle.

If you pour off the liquid from your primary fermenter into a secondary fermenter, & wish to bulk prime, then work on 7-8gms per litre of fluid you end up with in the secondary fermenter.

I hope that helps.

Beer.

Do I just stick with the plain white table sugar? and is there any advice on the best dosage and how to measure it accurately (the best I can come up with is around 6 grams/1 teaspoon per bottle)? Thanks

Chris

Hey Chris

Castor sugar, 1 level teaspoon per 750ml. Use a teaspoon measure and it won't hurt if its just below level.

^^^pissed? no, do I have the shakes after recovering from an 80's themed Oktoberfest last night...? Yes.

A dozen or so home brews from myself and mates put up for tasting and judging, the newest brewer to the comp (me) won the best beer with the Coopers Czech Pils recipe. Happy days [biggrin]

^^^pissed? no, do I have the shakes after recovering from an 80's themed Oktoberfest last night...? Yes.

A dozen or so home brews from myself and mates put up for tasting and judging, the newest brewer to the comp (me) won the best beer with the Coopers Czech Pils recipe. Happy days [biggrin]

Easily the best reason for dropping one's carbonation drops I've ever heard. Don't do 80's Oktoberfest part 2, before doing the priming sugar, way more messy...and congratulations on your win.

Archived