Coopers Community

Co2 Bubbles in my Keg line...almost crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

miket6

Can anyone help?? I ve measured and balanced my beer line length=id=to pressure, my beer ( Lager) is at 2c and everything is clean. I am using andale taps which are cold almost to the faucet. Every time I pour a fresh beer small bubbles leave the connector from the keg and slowly rise to the faucet, resulting in a foamy splash when i pour my next beautiful euro lager for a mate which fills mu glass with foam.I am able to manage the pour by a very low pressure serving rate. I have checked every forum( exept this one)the only last thing i can think of is i force carb my beer. Could it be over carbonated?? I ahve to pour my beer at 3-6 psi to get a correct pour after the foam slash to control it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Could it be over carbonated??

I'd say yes. Bubbles in the keg line are a sign of over carbonation. However I am only new to the kegging game, 3 kegs, someone else may have more clues.

Cheers

The fool proof method I use on my system is 3m of 3/16 sat in a coil on top of the keg' date=' I carbonate my kegs at serving pressure (12 PSI) which takes my beer two weeks to carbonate.[/quote']

Hey Graham

Mine is pretty much the same, what temperature do you carb them at?

Thanks

Yeah Mike, it sounds like you have over carbed your keg. Not to worry though. Just do the following:

1/ Turn off gas

2/ Burp the keg

3/ give it a shake and let sit for 5-10 minutes or so

4/ go to step no.2

or

1/ Turn off the gas

2/ burp the keg and leave the pressure valve open for 24 hours or so.

If you want to force carb try the following fail safe method:

1/ set reg at desired pour pressure.

2/ shake the crap out of the keg for a few minutes until the reg needle no longer goes down

3/ let sit for a while to settle.

4/ pour a beer

or

I usually do this:

1/ set reg to 200 kpa

2/ rock the keg for about 100 times

3/ reduce reg to pour pressure

4/ let sit for 24 hours

5/ pour a beer

or

Set reg to pour pressure and leave for 7-8 days and it should be right.

There are so many ways you can carb a keg. Just find one that suits you. However, I am certain you have over carbed it this time.

Thanks guys!!! I love this resource. Its so helpful to have real time help when home brewing. Does anyone have a tip to "set and forget carb" and be able to pour another keg from the same line??

Thanks guys!!! I love this resource. Its so helpful to have real time help when home brewing. Does anyone have a tip to "set and forget carb" and be able to pour another keg from the same line??

You can set at pour pressure then not worry about it and pour from the other keg on the line. Use NRV's and you shouldn't run into any problems. Albeit it might take a little longer to carb. Nevertheless, there is no chance of over carbing and this is a set and forget method.

I have never changed the fittings. Out = liquid and in = gas always for me. I don't see a need to ever, even though I know of people and methods that say to put gas on the out but if you want the same affect you only need to lay down the keg and roll it on the ground.

To answer your question, place the fittings on the same posts and leave them.

If you want to speed up the process a little, you can set at pour pressure then shake for as long as you want. The longer you shake it then the less time it will take to carb up. Provided you keep it at pour pressure, you won't over carb this way either.

Archived