Coopers Community

If Beer were Wine

If fine were beer it would no doubt be Coopers Extra Strong Vintage Ale (Tasting notes Coopers Vintage Ale).

Now I have not sampled the real thing, but last night I sampled my first ESVA home brewed, 7 months bottled, and it surely is a sipping beer. Despite its high IBU it is doesn't come across as bitter as my Dr Smurto or my Real Fat Yak. It is unlike any other beer I have tasted, very interesting and I am looking forward to how it develops with further time in the bottle.

hopefully not as evil as the batch we were drinking on the weekend... everybody who drank it ended up passed out [lol] (me included)

It's frikkin EVIL and well deceptive, tastes to about 40 IBU and must be about 6% but you cant taste it at all, everything is in Balance. Certainly not a session beer

It seems Im getting a good efficiency these days and I need to dial it back somewhat [love] [bandit] [ninja]

Yob

hopefully not as evil as the batch we were drinking on the weekend... about 6%

Yob

Mine is made with the extract kits and some speciality grain. Came out at 8.1% and I only chilled 1 375 ml stubby. The rest are 330ml and 660ml and I figure that by just chilling 1 here and there (maybe two) in the fridge I can limit the potential damage that can occur from developing a taste for the stuff.

However Yob I see from the freezer incidents, that you refer to on the bottling advice thread, that only chilling one is a false insurance policy [innocent] .

Archived