Coopers Community

Carbing up a re-cultured Cooper's brew

Canadian Eh!L

Hey All,

I have a re-culture Cooper's commercial yeast bottled but it won't carb up. I have it in the brewery at an ambient temerature of 15-16C. I know this is below the recommended temperture but I find all my other brews carb up after about 3 weeks. Could it be too cold or what?

Well guessing it isn't a lager???? I'd bump it up. Bottle carbing temp isn't nearly as important as the brewing temp, as in keeping low, there is nothing wrong with going into the low 20s. I don't brew lagers, and haven't re-cultured a Coopers yeast for many years, I was told that it was a different yeast used for bottling so I never did it again, this could of changed now??? But Ales don't mind being bumped up in the carb stage at all.

Just a bit of extra info. All brews benefit after the majority of fermentation is over, maybe a week, of the fermenter being warmed up a just few degrees it helps the yeast stay active and finish eating up all those yummy sugars. Then after a few more days you can cold crash if your into that sort of thing.

Archived