Coopers Community

Cider

BarryL6

Well I read a lot of articles about Brigalow cider brew can's most of which were totally negative.

OK so I laid down a brew exactly following the recipe listed on the can. I bottled into 500ml glass bottles with swing type (Grolsch) lids & let them sit for 5 weeks before sampling. Result was the first ones were flat to be honest but as the brew matured to 7 then 8 & 9 weeks it has come out just perfect. clean taste, clean & crystal clear to the glass not cloudy in any way & very drinkable. I have now made 3 more batches in the exact same manner (by the recipe) with 100% same good results.

Give the Brigalow cider a go as is, it works well, then try some twists like a lemon or a chillie or both.

Drink up

i'm confused, wouldn't that stuff just be concentrated apple juice in a can?

or do they rattle on about their 'carefully selected mix of the finest selection of apples, combined to make the perfect balance of refreshing taste with a lively zing. Perfect served cold on a hot summer's day'?

grate apples, put in bucket for a while, strain to FV, wait, bottle!

Simple.

I was tempted, but it has artificial sweeteners in it - I can taste that crap so steer away from it (Pepsi max and coke zero make me want to barf). I tried the Ginger Beer and it also has the artificial sweeteners, and all i could taste was the artificial-ness.

Best thing about homebrewing is you can control the ingredients

Archived