Coopers Community

Unreal ale ingredients

Stoobrew

Hi everyone. I'm up to my 7th brew now and I have a can of Coopers Real Ale and I was going to put an unreal ale on today. However I have just discovered that I only have half a pack of BE1. I have a full kg of dextrose, ldm, and BE2 but no BE1...What will be better adding the half pack of BE1 and upping the dextrose to get to 1kg? Or just adding the BE2? I'm unsure of how all the extra malt will go? Thoughts anyone?

Hey mate well what you add all depends on if you want the beer to taste like a heavy malty beer or just look like one. With the kit and brew enhancers or dextrose it will look slightly darkish brown colour but taste thin and watery with little head retention. The light Dry malk will increase the colour flavour and head retention will be better.

But what ever you think works for you i brewed with dextrose and brew enhancers for ages am moving away from it now and going to malt hops and specialty grain. So if need be do a few brews and try a few things to see what you like good luck mate

Cheers mate. Yeah I was given a brew kit for my birthday and it came with a craft kit so I started out with that. I am just finding my feet really,not getting to experimental just yet after the first lot with hops and grain(its 2 weeks today so im going to be trying it later :). I'm really just trying to learn the sugars and malts and what they do to the final product! So im just trying to brew a few recipies so I know what they will taste like then alter and see what the difference is. I'm going on a long journey I know but brewing is serious fun!!

Thanks for the advice mate! I'm going to be doing some more craft beers once I get a feel for everthing, so hopefully I dont waste to much money before I know what I'm really doing!

Archived