Coopers Community

Now Coopers Beer Machine

Big R

Boy did I screw up.My Beer Machine is not Coopers Mr Beer.

In addition to my regular Coopers brews. Was surprised to see Coopers bought Mr Beer. I have been using one for more than 18 years. Their beer mixes are OK, but can not wait to see what Coopers can do to improve on the quality and flavor.

Hope it wont take to long to get the mixes on the shelves. It is a nice little addition to the cellar, keep the beer machine in the fridge and just tap off what you want rather than opening a full bottle, a wine glass to a tankard.

Here is a link to Canada site. Just click on the flag in top left corner and it will take you to that countries supplier.

http://www.beermachine.com/ca/

Interesting, I've seen similar products on the market here.

Im usually not a fan of plastic products that promise to do things faster and easier, there usually garbage, but since you've been using it for 18 years there must be something to it.

Where does the yeast go and can you dry hop the wort?

Have you tryed adding your own pre-fermented wort to it?

It could be a neat thing to rock up to a mates barby with.

Interesting, I've seen similar products on the market here.

Im usually not a fan of plastic products that promise to do things faster and easier, there usually garbage, but since you've been using it for 18 years there must be something to it.

Where does the yeast go and can you dry hop the wort?

Have you tryed adding your own pre-fermented wort to it?

It could be a neat thing to rock up to a mates barby with.

Only replaced the seal, as they came up with a new and improved one a few years ago now.

As for the yeast in just settles on the bottom.

I have never done anything to their mixes as the beer has an acceptable taste.

But here is were it gets interesting,mix up a 23 liter batch of your favorite brew and put 10 liters along with the priming sugar in the Beer Machine and continue the other 13 liters in the normal process right to bottling. Best of both worlds.[happy]

My mistake. Mr Beer is a completely different system than the Beer Machine that I am using. Was wondering were Coopers came up with 8 instead of 10 liters. Sorry to mislead anybody. Have no idea on the quality of the Mr Beer products but vouch for the Beer Machine, but it looks like it cost about twice the price of Mr Beer. Guess I am stuck and quite happy with the beer machine. Link to Mr Beer

http://www.mrbeer.com/

Mr Beer an enclosed fermenter only, still have to prime and bottle. Beer Machine an all in one fermenter, conditioner and dispenser.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived