Coopers Community

Wort chillers

GrahamB8

I was recently watching a vid on home made wort chillers where a guy in the US mad one for around $30US with copper tubing, I thought great thats what Im going to do since my cheapest option is a plate chiller at $109.

So I goto Bunnings and the same amount of 3/16 copper tubing is $110AU and thats without the additional fittings required [surprised

Im trying to slowly purchase the items I need to start AG and trying to keep initial costs low andv if I can help it stealthily under SWMBO's radar since I recently forked out for the kegging equipment.

So if you use a chiller which do you use? any tips on a homemade cheap alternative?

I no Chill and would recommend it as a cheap successful alternative. It doesn't cost anything and certainly no chance to waste any water.

Nevertheless, you should be able to get about 15m of copper for around $100.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-1-2-x-19G-Annealed-Copper-Coil-Pipe-18-Metre-/180753228055?pt=AU_Building_Materials&hash=item2a15bb6117

There was a cheap place in NSW but I cant remember their name. I'll look it up later, haven't the time right now.

Archived