Coopers Community

ingredient questions

AndrewF111

In simple brews additionally to the kit, I use 1kg of dry malt as a rule of thumb and after my grains I only use Dextrose to increase my gravity (1.045 is my fav number)

It really depends on your taste though mate

Ditch the drops and use bulk priming.

2 carb drops should be more than sufficient for a 750ml though.

Are your bottles somewhere warm? And are they sealed properly

They need to be at 18C+ or the yeast can't gobble up the sugar and make bubbles, and if they're not sealed properly, the bubbles just escape.

Otherwise, provided you're not killing/sterilizing (eg adding something like sodium phosphate) the beer before bottling it should be fine with 2 drops.

Bottles are kept about 22-24 degrees. i do have a batch that is flat as and ive moved my capper down a notch. because caps werent on tight. odd when i capped 2 batches before fine all bottles the same.

Sterilizing i use the morgans sanitizer with a bottle washer 30ml to the litre and mix half that in a spray bottle to spray equipment once cleaned.

if you've had problems with the caps, it might be a good place to start looking..

Try fill a bottle with something fizzy like carbonated water, then shake the crap out of it and submerge it in the sink.

See if any bubbles come out.

not sure about that sanitizer, maybe someone else willknow about it [happy]

Using the malts instead of the sugars now' date=' can you or should you use both?[/quote']

Using both is fine.

My brews are not real fizzy should i use 2 1/2 carb drops in my 750 ml coopers glass bottles or just the 2? I am drinking after 4 weeks in the bottle

2 carb drops should be enough. Nevertheless, if you are not satisfied with this then either measure sugar or preferably bulk prime them. I'd do the later.

Archived