Coopers Community

Elezabethan Honey

Big R

After reading here I am not even considering myself a beginner at this hobby of brewing.Used to buy wort in bulk that is no longer available,so thinking of making it with Canadian Blonde, as have one on the shelf. Made with 1kg of clover honey and some Hallertau pellets, dry pitched. So any information on adding the hops and maybe other ingredients to make it even better, not bitter, would be welcomed.

Even maybe using a different brew can to make it with, if it is available here.

Getting ready to bottle Cerveza and Draught [joyful]

And the internet was made to make scientists of the lay-man

Aparently undiluted honey is awesme for killing infections because it dries out the yeast, but diluted is another story...

http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=3826344

So it's not that honey is great at cleaning up, it just dries up anything bad, just like salt.

Dammit, now i gotta clean all the honey up after sterilizing my kitchen... It's a sticky room [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Maybe I have destroyed all its antiseptic qualities when it is boiled with some water and all the froth removed before being used. Removes all the pollen and other good things that are still in the honey

(tongue in cheek[lol] )

Use honey to make strawberry mead.[love]

Have never had any yeast killed yet.[ninja] By this person.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just bottled a Canadian blonde with 1kg BE2 and 400 gms of Woolworths select honey " floral and slightly malty" thought this might work out O.K. with the slightly malty bit. It smelt great and the taste from the bottle filler was pretty good, will have to wait and see. I've only tasted friends honey homebrew with dark ale, would like to also try with TC wheat beer. Give it a crack from what I've read just don't use overpowering honey like leatherwood, bluegums etc try to use clover honey if you can get it.

Give it a crack from what I've read just don't use overpowering honey like leatherwood' date=' bluegums etc try to use clover honey if you can get it.[/quote']

I am very lucky here. We have a place called Planet Bee and they have at least 10 different varieties of honey. One being our most famous clover honey from the Peace River area. Others being Okanagan wildflower and orchard honey along with fireweed. All have their own amazing flavor. Will be bottling my Blonde Honey in the next day or two.

This thread is really showing me how little I know about honey.

But anyway, I'm off with the ferret and net to catch me some bees to milk for their delicious nectar!

I am hoping you are not looking to produce to much honey.

Honey is "manufactured" in one of the world's most efficient factories, the beehive. Bees may travel as far as 55,000 miles and visit more than two million flowers to gather enough nectar to make just a pound of honey.(Courtesy of the National Honey Board)

It all tastes the same to me...The color and flavor of honey differ depending on the bees' nectar source

Archived