Coopers Community

Carbonate the beer using a Soda Streamer

TorbjornL

I have made a easy invention on to how to carbonate my beer using a ordinary Soda Streamer in order to avoid the settings in the bottle from the yeast. You can look at my facebookpage that is in Swedish. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tobbes-bryggeri/139685312821408?bookmark_t=page

The principal is that I put the bottle under pressure using gas from the Soda Streamer via a pneumaticcoupling M5 that is mounted on the tip of the the Soda Streamers Carbonating "pin". From there i lead the gas in to the PET bottle and I also have a pressure clock that give me the right pressure in the bottle e.g. 1,5 Bar.

The bottle is always cooled to a temperature below 10 degrees Celsius in order to be able to suck up the carbonategas in to the fluid. I fill up to 1,5 Bar, close the tube from the bottle, turn the bottle so that the fluid become as foam. The first 3-4 times the pressure is lost in the bottle due to the fact that carbonategas has been sucked up by the liquid. Doing this 3 times in 2 days at the pressure of 1,5 Bar gives me the perfect foam and the beer is full of bubbles. NOTE: Never force carbongas directly into the beer bcs you will then have to clean up the premises. Only use the Soda Streamer to fill the bottle with overpressure og 1,5 Bar and then work to get the gas to walk in to the fluid.

Works well to freshen up old Coke or any other Soda that is dead using the same method.

Look at my pictures and make a comment at my facebookpage if there is any questions.

Take care.

.......Works well to freshen up old Coke or any other Soda that is dead using the same method.....

I used the kid's Soda Stream to freshen up a bottle of Make Do Ale that I failed to prime when bottling [innocent] (looks like I did 1/2 dozen). I did this directly on the Soda Stream and it was a very violent process [devil] , however I was able to drink the resulting beer. Having tipped one of my six un-carbed bottles down the drain I have attempted to recarb the other four with carbonation drops. Haven't tested them yet but will soon as I drank the last good one from this batch last night. The sediment doesn't worry me, I never get any in my glass and because I waste not want not; I drink the last mouthful from the bottle (sorry Muddy [pouty] ). I have three Corny Kegs (picking up a Kegerator today), I am planning on force carbing the first two but I am seriously considering naturally carbing the third.

SodaStream[biggrin]

Everybody's first step in making a pro fizzy drink at the age of 3.

You could say the foundation of any brewing experience.

Now it's come full circle, the basic fizzy machine has evolved into advanced brewing kit.[biggrin]

Archived