Coopers Community

Any advice on International 'Mexican Cerveza' and 'English Bitter'?

LordEoin

Funny... most women do not like the smell of hops... most men do. A Mars v's Venus thing.... who knows?... I have only heard of Yobs SWMBO who seems to like it. Must run in the family [joyful]

28C is too high... You may get a few funky flavors Depending how quick you got it down. BTW, 24C is too high to Try between 18C & 20C, your beer will love you for it.

SHe hated the smell when mixing, but now that it's bubbling she wont leave it alone...

'Smells like Geraniums' aparently...

Now she's gone potting some geraniums.

Where did I find her? Do I still have the receipt?[pinched]

Anyway, i left is by a cold window for a while last night and it was down to 22-24C within a couple of hours.

All looks and smells healthy.

I'll play with the brew belt today and try get it down to 18-20 for the rest of the time.

Another thread recommended raising the temp for the last few days to make sure the sugar's all used up. is this a good idea?

13 hours later without the belt, and it's still at 22C

room temp 17.

maybe i'll wrap a wet towel around it.

funny, when i was reading about you lot having to do that to lower temps, i figured it was just because you're n the other side of the worl, other hemosphere, and opposite seasons.

spring in ireland is hardly a hot climate....

• 2 weeks later...

That English Bitter has me amused for the past week and a half, bits of crud ended up going into the bottles and they were bobbing around like a lava lamp. Also, the secondary fermentation bubbles were hypnotizing...

But anyway, the bubbles have stopped and the crud has setled in with the trub, so I decided to have a 'pre-sample'... and f@%* me, it's nice...

I kinda wish I hadn't opened this bottle though, because now it will take a lot more will power to leave them alone for a couple more weeks [pinched]

Archived