Coopers Community

Coopers European Lager

RonaldW

I brewed the European Lager 9 February and my Starting original gravity appeared to be 1.020 but I know this is way too low. I did not add any extra ingredients. Can anyone assist me and give me close approximate OG of what it should be? And possibly what the FG should be approximately be? I haven't taken a reading yet so as not to disturb the brew yeast. It has been over 3 weeks in the primary (I don't use a secondary) and might get ready to bottle this weekend. Thanks in advance. Salud

Hey Ronald

Most advice is on offer on the Brewing Blether forum, questions posted there receive way more responses that questions here. When you say you didn't add any extra ingredients do you mean you just used the kit and water, or you used the kit water and the amount of malt or sugar as recommended on the can? If you repost to Brewing Blether with the full recipe you will get the answer you are after. If it was just the kit topped up to 23l then you are looking at an OG of 1.023 and an ABV of 2.6% bottled. I don't think this would be too good, i.e very light in colour and thin in the mouth like water.

hey guys

i just put down a brew of european lager

i used european lager can

500g LDM

750g BE1

250g brew sugar

hope its as good as other brews i have put down

dave

Hi Dave

I hope you have this sitting at about 12C. It has a lager yeast so you want to keep the temp down.

Archived