Coopers Community

New kit, first time brew

BenC24

Hello fellow beer lovers,

Just bought a homebrew kit last night and I am looking forward to making my first brew on sunday as its going to be 37 tomorrow and I dont want till kill my brew.

Hopefully it goes well and in a months time ill be drinking some quality larger!

cheers [happy]

Good luck Ben!

If you haven't already, check out the FAQ's and instruction video here: How To Brew

You'll notice reading the posts here that many people tweak the instructions, mainly in regard to temperature. If brewing with ale yeast (suggested for your first brews, and the lager that comes with the kit, confusingly, has an ale yeast) try to get your ferment temp around 20 degrees, lower than suggested in the instructions.

Happy brewing!

Hi Ben welcome to the forum.

Just one thing.... it is a Lager not a Larger [rightful]

It is wise for you to wait until you can control the temp to around 20C at least. Otherwise you will still have beer but as to how good it will be is another question.....

Thanks for the info including the spelling lesson [lol]

The weather looks like it will be in the low 20's from sunday night and I have a good spot in my bar on the slate floor, its in the middle of the house and the temp should be steady between 18 and 22 i reckon...except when its 37 outside and im not at home to justify running the A/C all day. Cheers

Archived