Coopers Community

Mountain Culture on the ASX?

Kegory

Mountain Culture are expanding their business and looking to raise more capital according to this article https://www.afr.com/companies/retail/craft-beer-maker-mountain-culture-looks-outward-for-new-investors-20231101-p5egrz

They are back to back winners of GABS Best Beer for I'm not sure how many years, at least two, and they've had two different beers in the Top 10 or 20 in the last couple of years.

It may be worth buying a few shares if it comes onto the ASX. Then I could claim to be part owner in a very successful brewery 😉

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kegory said:

Mountain Culture are expanding their business and looking to raise more capital according to this article https://www.afr.com/companies/retail/craft-beer-maker-mountain-culture-looks-outward-for-new-investors-20231101-p5egrz

They are back to back winners of GABS Best Beer for I'm not sure how many years, at least two, and they've had two different beers in the Top 10 or 20 in the last couple of years.

It may be worth buying a few shares if it comes onto the ASX. Then I could claim to be part owner in a very successful brewery 😉

I hope this doesn't spell the end of good beer. 

When a company goes public, a lot changes. For starters shareholder value goes above everything, since if they aren't kept happy, they move their money elsewhere. To make that happen, the accountants take over from the brewers to "make" the beer. Cost cuttings here, savings there, cheaper ingredients, etc. The focus changes from a passion for brewing beer to making as much profit as possible to keep outsiders happy. Quite often, it is the product that suffers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aussiekraut said:

I hope this doesn't spell the end of good beer. 

When a company goes public, a lot changes. For starters shareholder value goes above everything, since if they aren't kept happy, they move their money elsewhere. To make that happen, the accountants take over from the brewers to "make" the beer. Cost cuttings here, savings there, cheaper ingredients, etc. The focus changes from a passion for brewing beer to making as much profit as possible to keep outsiders happy. Quite often, it is the product that suffers.

Oh, I agree completely. But in this instance they are only talking about a 10% stake in the company. That leaves me more confident that the beer quality won't be at the mercy of the accountants.

• Like 1