Coopers Community

Dr Smurto's Golden Ale

Sampled two 355ml stubbies tonight, the second just to confirm the tasting. To me it tastes much more like a Coopers Sparkling Ale than a JSGA (not that I am complaining the only thing I dislike about the Red is the 5.8% Alcohol and my head in the morning, this one is 5.3%)[rightful] . I am a little disappointed that I haven't hit he JSGA mark and perhaps the two litre boil wasn't quite enough. I will give it another try in a few weeks then at two months, however can't imagine the Amarillo will become more dominate with age so I guess I will have to be content with a nice Sparkling Ale.

Eddie, sometimes legends enter our lives every now and then. Your unexpected but not unwelcome visit from the Mighty Red should not be frowned upon but embraced, like Jennifer Hawkins at the front door rather than the Mother Inlaw.

Maybe a 6l boil might have helped the hops a bit??

Give it some time to condition yet. I haven't done the kit version but in time I am sure it will improve. I love Amarillo [love]

I have made my own variation to the good Doctor. Although I think it will come out similar I just used some different grains. It is sitting in the cube atm and I am hoping to have the time tonight to put it in the FV.

I have 3 brews finished that need to be done tonight. Thank good for the kegs, It'd really s4!t me having to bottle all that!

Maybe a 6l boil might have helped the hops a bit??

Give it some time to condition yet.

Thanks Bill

I will definitely give it some time, but at the same time I'll plan another Dr. with a 6 litre boil. Sparkling Ale is a good drop but I prefer Coopers Pale, so I can't imagine 23 litres of the Red disappearing too fast. [pouty]

I have made my own variation to the good Doctor. Although I think it will come out similar I just used some different grains.

Sparks my interest [innocent] . I am keen to have a crack at the extract version but grains will have to wait a couple of years when I will have some more free time.

I have 3 brews finished that need to be done tonight. Thank good for the kegs' date=' It'd really s4!t me having to bottle all that![/quote']

Appealing as well but; I don't think I have enough will power to fight off the temptation of having ready to drink beer on tap[bandit]

Sparks my interest [innocent] . I am keen to have a crack at the extract version but grains will have to wait a couple of years when I will have some more free time.

Amazing what you can do during the process though. Yes it may take a few hours but most of the time is just waiting. So whilst waiting you can do other things and kill 2 birds with the one stone. However, i still get SWMBO going off at times. [crying]

I have 3 brews finished that need to be done tonight. Thank good for the kegs' date=' It'd really s4!t me having to bottle all that![/quote']

Appealing as well but; I don't think I have enough will power to fight off the temptation of having ready to drink beer on tap[bandit]

mmmm I know what you mean. I love going home now and pouring anything I want that's on tap at anytime I want. It IS temptation plus!

Archived